Have you been in therapy? Talk about it. Stop the Stigma, is the theme for the 2021 National Psychotherapy Day awareness campaign.
National Psychotherapy Day writes,
NPD started in 2012 as a grassroots campaign to encourage psychotherapists to promote the profession (instead of themselves) for one day each year.
We had a long list of action items to help demystify therapy and help people heal.
2021 is our 10th campaign, and we’re simplifying.
Just talk about your own therapy. Online, in person, in skywriting, it doesn’t matter.
Talk about the fact that you’ve gone to therapy and how it helped.
When people share their experiences in therapy it reduces shame around seeking help and shows others how common and beneficial it is.
Let’s talk about therapy this year.NPD Facebook Page
Talk about your own therapy on September 25 and use the hashtags #therapyhelps and #NationalPsychotherapyDay
Here are some of my favourite blogs about therapists having their own therapy:
- Why Your Therapist Should Be in Therapy by Jodie Gale
- When I First Went to Therapy by Emma Cameron
- Seeds of Self-Compassion by Vinodha Joly
- My Psychotherapy Journey by Amanda Robinson
- My Bulimia Recovery Story by Jodie Gale
- The Wounded Healer: How One Therapist Used Therapy to Heal from an Eating Disorder by Miranda Egan